10 Creative Gift Ideas for Kids
Updated: Nov 19, 2019
Looking for the perfect gift ideas to help your kids put down the iPad and discover their creativity? The 2019 Gift Guide for Creative Kids is a carefully curated list of our favorites games, art supplies and (of course) DIY Cookie Decorating Kits! ;) You'll want to join your kiddos when they open up these awesome gifts.
1. Sorry if it's too obvious, but... Art Supplies! I'm not just talking Crayola markers either. This any entire briefcase of supplies: paint, brushes, pencils, markers, paper and TONS more! Take is from a former creative kid... this is a dream come true.
2. Bedtime Stories for Rebel Girls is "a children's book packed with 100 bedtime stories about the life of 100 extraordinary women from the past and the present, illustrated by 60 female artists from all over the world". YES PLEASE. This beautiful book is sure to inspire your kiddos... and there's a matching journal!
3. Last year we got Lily a Kiwi Crate for Christmas and it is the absolute best. We wrapped the first kit for her to open on Christmas morning and we've had a monthly delivery ever since for only $20(ish) per month. This subscription box has options for every age (even babies and teenagers) and focuses on STEM/STEAM themes. It's something we can work on together, she's learning a ton, and being creative all at the same time. Seriously love this one. :)
4. And while we're on the topic of subscriptions... let's talk about DIY Cookie Decorating Kits! Our Cookie Decorating Kits come with 12 gluten free sugar cookies, 3 colors of royal icing, fancy sprinkles, toothpicks to help decorate, and instructions for getting the best results! Each month has a different seasonal theme so kids can decorate their own masterpieces without wrecking your kitchen. ;)
5. This one is just super fun! I you live in a place where it snows at all, get your kids a Flamingo Snow Tube This one wins in the "outdoor" category, plus it makes for GREAT photo ops, and they'll be the star of the sledding hill!
6. Encourage your child to spruce up their space... in a non permanent way. ;) Fun wall decals are a great way to encourage their creative expression in their room, without paint or nails!
7. Board games! Think old school: Clue, Connect Four, Sorry, Uno. Kids still love games, and playing board games together is such a great way to connect outside of technology and the busy-ness of life.
8. My daughter LOVES to play store or restaurant. She makes up menus and signs and serves me treats like a waiter. Encourage imaginative play with Fancy Hot Chocolate! They come in a sweet gift pack that would fit right into a stocking and would be perfect for your little "chef" to make their own special beverages.
9. This is something we could ALL probably use. Maybe buy one for you AND the kids. ;) The 3 minute gratitude journal is designed to give kids a space to practice mindfulness and gratitude in a fun and creative way!
10. What kid doesn't love stickers? Why not support an awesome artist while you support your kiddo's love of creating? These beautiful empowering stickers are an awesome stocking stuffer or addition to a journal or art supplies!
Local classes, memberships, and tickets to a local theater all make amazing "outside the box" gifts too. Last year our 7-year-old's favorite gifts were dance camp and Kiwi Crate!